Clinical Networks have been working in one form or another across the North East and North Cumbria since 2006, bringing together clinicians and healthcare staff from different services, organisations, sectors and geographies to drive improvement in the quality and equity of healthcare for its 3.1 million population.
Combining the experience of clinicians, the input of patients and the organisational vision of NHS staff, Clinical Networks are non-statutory advisory groups that exist to:
- Support the delivery of the life-course programmes and clinical priorities outlined in the NHS Long Term Plan within the North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care System (ICS)
- Reduce unwarranted variation in health outcomes and health inequalities
- Support the development of clinically sustainable services
- Encourage innovation in how services are provided now and in the future
- Provide clinical advice and leadership to support decision making and strategic planning
There are several types of networks that come together under the banner of the North East and North Cumbria Clinical Networks – each with their own funding, staffing and governance arrangements – but all working towards the same goals of improving outcomes and reducing health inequalities.
Nationally mandated Clinical Networks
Some of the Clinical Networks across Northern England are mandated by NHS England and NHS Improvement. They are aligned to national clinical priorities outlined in the NHS Long Term Plan and they work into the relevant workstreams of the North East and North Cumbria ICS:
- Mental Health and Dementia (including Children and Young People’s Emotional Health and Wellbeing)
- Maternity including Perinatal Mental Health
- Cardiovascular Disease (incorporating cardiac, stroke and vascular)
How we fit in the system
The North East and North Cumbria Clinical Networks is co-terminous with both the North East and North Cumbria ICS and the Northern England Specialised Commissioning hub of NHS England.
Explore Our Clinical Networks
Our purpose: As networks of clinicians and health care professionals we will collaborate to achieve ...Find out more
For more information visit www.necldnetwork.co.uk Our values People with a learning disability and...Find out more
Mental Health and Dementia
Our aim is to provide mental health clinical advice, leadership and support in service change, devel...Find out more
Physical Health and Long Term Condition
THIS SECTION IS CURRENTLY UNDER MAINTENANCE Please use the Contact Us form if you require further in...Find out more