The NECN aims to ensure when patients require treatment for heart conditions, they have easy and quick access to the most efficient and effective pathways, delivering the best outcomes for patients and families.
The Network consists of various people who work together to learn and share good practice and support one another to make improvements.
The members of the group include people with an interest in improving the care of heart patients from across the area:
- Consultant Cardiologists
- Specialist Nurses
- Patient representatives
- Education establishments
- Cardiac Surgeons
- Primary care practitioners including GPs
- British Heart Foundation
- Northern England Clinical Network representative.
Programmes of work
- Cardiac Arrythmia Group, lead Dr Andy Turley, Consultant Cardiologist
- Heart Failure Group, lead Professor Ahmet Fuat, GP
- Diagnostic Imaging Group, lead Dr Nic Child, Consultant Cardiologist
- Rehabilitation Group, lead Karen Booth, Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- CVD Prevention Group, lead Dr Tim Butler, GP
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease Network, lead Dr Louise Coats