The Diabetes Network brings together people living with diabetes, carers, and health and social care professionals on the design and delivery of better diabetes services.
The Network aims to lead in the improvement of care for people in England who:
- Are living with all types of diabetes
- Are at risk of developing diabetes.
There are three main national priorities for Diabetes:
- Reduce the projected growth in incidence in diabetes
- Support more people to manage their own care effectively
- Improve treatment and care received.
The Network supports local health systems to improve health outcomes for their communities by connecting commissioners, healthcare providers, professionals, those living with diabetes and the public to share best practice and ideas; while also measuring quality and outcomes, reducing variation and driving improvement.
- Primary care practitioners including GPs
- Allied Health Professionals
- Specialist Nurses
- Patient representatives
- Education Establishments
- Diabetes UK
- Northern England Clinical Network representative.