Integrated Stroke Delivery Network (ISDN)
ISDNs will be responsible for designing and delivering optimal stroke pathways which will ensure that more people who experience a stroke receive high-quality specialist care, from pre-hospital through to rehabilitation and life after stroke.
The Network consists of various members who work together to learn and share good practice and support one another to make improvements.
The members of the group include people with an interest in improving care for stroke patients from across the area:
- Consultant Stroke physicians
- Specialist rehabilitation teams
- Specialist nurses
- Patient representatives
- Education establishments
- Speech and Language specialists
- Primary care practitioners including GPs
- Stroke Association
- Northern England Clinical Network representative.
Programmes of work
- Patient representative group, lead Mr David Wilson
- Artificial Intelligence programme
- Increasing access to Mechanical Thrombectomy treatment
- Reviewing patient pathways of care